Monday, April 16, 2012

Url2pin.it :: Another Pinteresting Idea

Sometimes when you are pinning to remind you about a whole website or page of a website, a problem arises. None of the graphics to choose from are appropriate.

What to do?

Well as I mentioned in a previous article, you can create a text image with Pin A Quote. But now you can also pin a graphic of the entire website. Url2pin.it

I tried it on a variety of my sites:
  • Yes HTML site I created in Dreamweaver with some hardcoding
  • Yes Blogger site
  • No :( Website based on WordPress Template. Hmmm... I wonder why. I'll look into that and get back to you.

But then I tried it on my pals' blog also created with WordPress and it worked...



For someone who enjoys seeing why a website works graphically as well as SEO, there is a great side benefit to Url2pin.it. After you type on the URL you want to pin, it also shows you a sample of all the colors used on the website. Yes, I know... there are other tools that do this. But this one shows all of the colors without having to use an eyedropper, type in code, etc.

This is not a tool that I will use THAT often, but it's nice to know it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment